Received a 3 day shut off dated 4/19.On 4/20 payment in full was made thru Aquas phone payment system.

Today, 4/22, Aqua shut our water off with a ZERO BALANCE DUE. After speaking with a representatives my wife was advised that she should have known that she was required to call and speak to a live representative to let them know the bill was paid. This was not included in the instructions on the notice that my wife followed to the T however and when my wife mentioned this she was told it was just something she should have "just known to do". They then advised it would be 24 hours before service would be restored and no later than 5pm eastern 4/23.

When it was pointed out that 5pm 4/23 is longer than 24 hours she was told she was "arguing semantics". When she asked for the supervisor's name she was told "Tammy". Tammy refused to provide a last name or Aqua employee ID# and said she is the only Tammy at all of Aqua on the east coast. Then she advised that we were required to pay a $50 restoration fee in order for the service to be turned back on, regardless of payment being made and received by Aqua prior to the shut off of service..

Wish I could run a business in this manner!Complaint has been filed with ***and all social media is being updated with the pure incompetence of this organization.

Review about: Aqua America Water Supply.

Had an Experience with Aqua America?

Comments

Liberty Hill, Texas, United States #817676

We just had our water shut off due to no payment but was restored due to a medical condition.I'm a very sweet and kind person and always speak in that manner.

I called and pleaded with them to waive the service deposit and re-connect fee of $75. due to the fact that I have a medical condition. The supervisor was very cold and mean with me on the phone. My intention was just to make sure there was nothing they could do for us, but she took it to another level when she came off as being very rude.

I told her I didn't understand why she was being so cold. Her response was "We did you a favor by turning your water back on." The phone company is nicer and more understanding than the water company!!!

It just doesn't make sense to me.What is wrong with this world?

This is a public utility that is supposed to be providing essential service and not an optional purchase.Aqua and other utilities need to remember their networks that make a profit run through, over and under public property/rights of way.

The utilities are supposed to be there to serve the public and not make them a sale.

The crews that will turning the service on and off are mostly hourly for most companies which means if they turn 10 or 50 in an 8 hour day those employees would cost the same.

The public utility commission in Pennsylvania and other states wind up serving the utility companies and not the public since the work the companies and their lobbyists everyday.Key word PUBLIC, I don't see the words private, corporation or profit in the public utility commission.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #699025

THE OTHER THING..THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAYS THAT THEY CAN'T WAIVE THE $50 RECONNECTION FEE BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY THE CREW TO RECONNECT THE SERVICE.

FRANKLY I DON'T CARE. THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM NOT MINE.

YES YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM..BUT AQUA COULD EAT THE COST AND NOT PASS IT ON TO THE CUSTOMER (IN THE CASE WHERE THE CUSTOMER ALREADY PAID)..

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #699022

SOURCE - YOUR RESPONSE IS SO IDIOTIC BELITTLING TO CUSTOMERS.THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH MONOPOLIES.

THE CUSTOMER HAS NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO ABIDE BY YOUR INEFFICIENT AND ARCHAIC RULES. I DON'T CARE IF THE CUSTOMER IS PAST DUE; THEY STILL DESERVE RESPECT. THERE IS NO REASON THAT THE SHUTOFF CREWS CAN NOT HAVE HANDHELD COMPUTERS THAT SHOW THEM THE UP TO THE MINUTE PAYMENT STATUS OF A CUSTOMER. IT IS IDIOTIC THAT A CUSTOMER HAS TO BOTH MAKE A PAYMENT AND THEN CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT TO INFORM THEM THAT THEY MADE THE PAYMENT.

IT SHOULD IMMEDIATELY UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM AND REMOVE ANY SHUTOFF FLAG FROM THE CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT. ANY OTHER ONLINE PAYMENT I MAKE (BANKS, CREDIT CARDS, CELL PHONE, CABLE TV, ..) INSTANTLY UPDATES MY ACCOUNT.. 24-TO-48 ADVANCE NOTICE IS RIDICULOUS. NOT ONLY THAT BUT WHEN THE CUSTOMER CALLS THEY HAVE TO WAIT 20 MIN.

BASICALLY AQUA'S AUTOMATED LINE TELLS THEM THAT THERE IS THE USUAL HIGH CALL VOLUME ON MONDAYS THROUGH WED. AND TO CALL BACK THURSDAY AND FRIDAYS.

WHY DON'T YOU GO OUT AND HIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ANSWER THE PHONES WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A HIGH VOLUME..TYPICAL SMUG MONOPOLY BEHAVIOR.

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States #668835

IN ORDER YO SHUT OFF YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PAST DUE AMOUNY

, BECAUSE YOU DIDNT PAY YOUR BILL, WHICH IS THE FIRST PTOBLEM. THEN PEOPLE DON'T CALL IN FOR A PAYMENT ARRANGEMENT UNTIL THE VERY END, AND IT STATES IN THE SHUT OFF PLEASE CALL IN AT THE BOTTOM IF U READ IT FULLY, THEN IF SOMEONE TURNS U OFF, THEY HAVE TO PAY THEM TO RECONNECT YOU, SO THERE IS A FEE. WISE UP

to Source Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #689789

You sound like one of the *** that work there. PA.. yep